These scrumptious muffins are perfect straight from the oven and make a nice addition to a leisurely brunch. If you can manage to resist them long enough then they also make a great breakfast on the go. The banana gives a lovely moist texture while the granola adds an enjoyable bit of crunch. One word of advice - make enough for the neighbours, they'll be calling round for a taste when they smell these baking!
Makes : 6 rather large muffins
Preparation time : around 20mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
- 75g butter
- 250g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 120g caster sugar
- 100g granola
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 125ml milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degC.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Mash the banana.
- Put the flour, sugar, salt and granola into one mixing bowl. Put the banana, eggs, vanilla and milk into another and mix until combined.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, add the liquids and mix.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the muffin cases until they are about half filled.
- Put into the hot oven and bake for around 30mins until the tops have turned a nice golden brown and a skewer pushed into the muffins comes out clean. If you are making smaller sized muffins reduce the baking time (20mins for muffins half this size).
- Put onto a wire rack and leave to cool. Meanwhile, get some coffee brewing and enjoy!